A home owned by talk show host Conan O'Brien has been removed from a Rhode Island auction after he paid some back taxes on the property.
A home owned by talk show host Conan O’Brien has been removed from a Rhode Island auction after he paid some back taxes on the property.
Town officials tell The Westerly Sun (http://bit.ly/1l3ec2a ) that O’Brien paid his $8,000 bill on Friday morning.
The property near the Westerly shore is valued at about $723,000. It was among several the town planned to auction Tuesday to settle delinquent tax bills.
O’Brien publicist Drew Shane issued a statement saying O’Brien had been unaware he owed back taxes. He blamed the problem on a clerical error that prevented the bill from reaching O’Brien’s accountant in Los Angeles.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
Most Read Stories
The 51-year-old O’Brien grew up in neighboring Massachusetts and graduated from Harvard.
Information from: The Westerly Sun, http://www.thewesterlysun.com