A home owned by talk show host Conan O'Brien has been removed from a Rhode Island auction after he paid some back taxes on the property.
A home owned by talk show host Conan O’Brien has been removed from a Rhode Island auction after he paid some back taxes on the property.
Town officials tell The Westerly Sun (http://bit.ly/1l3ec2a ) that O’Brien paid his $8,000 bill on Friday morning.
The property near the Westerly shore is valued at about $723,000. It was among several the town planned to auction Tuesday to settle delinquent tax bills.
O’Brien publicist Drew Shane issued a statement saying O’Brien had been unaware he owed back taxes. He blamed the problem on a clerical error that prevented the bill from reaching O’Brien’s accountant in Los Angeles.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
Most Read Stories
The 51-year-old O’Brien grew up in neighboring Massachusetts and graduated from Harvard.
Information from: The Westerly Sun, http://www.thewesterlysun.com