Yahoo says it's giving the sitcom "Community" a sixth season online.
Yahoo says it’s giving the sitcom “Community” a sixth season online.
Yahoo and Sony Pictures Television announced Monday that the show’s creator, Dan Harmon, will serve as an executive producer for 13 new episodes.
The companies say cast members including Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs and Yvette Nicole Brown will come along as the axed NBC show moves online to Yahoo Screen this fall.
In a statement paraphrasing Mark Twain, McHale says reports of the show’s cancellation were “greatly exaggerated.”
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
Most Read Stories
“Community” is about a group of friends who come together at a community college with an iffy pedigree. The comedy has loyal followers but too few for NBC, which dropped it from next season’s schedule.
Yahoo credits passionate “Community” fans with keeping the show alive.