Yahoo says it's giving the sitcom "Community" a sixth season online.
Yahoo says it’s giving the sitcom “Community” a sixth season online.
Yahoo and Sony Pictures Television announced Monday that the show’s creator, Dan Harmon, will serve as an executive producer for 13 new episodes.
The companies say cast members including Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs and Yvette Nicole Brown will come along as the axed NBC show moves online to Yahoo Screen this fall.
In a statement paraphrasing Mark Twain, McHale says reports of the show’s cancellation were “greatly exaggerated.”
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
“Community” is about a group of friends who come together at a community college with an iffy pedigree. The comedy has loyal followers but too few for NBC, which dropped it from next season’s schedule.
Yahoo credits passionate “Community” fans with keeping the show alive.