Joan Rivers is in a New York City hospital, one day after going into cardiac arrest at a doctor's office.
Joan Rivers is in a New York City hospital, one day after going into cardiac arrest at a doctor’s office.
Melissa Rivers said in a statement Thursday that her mother was resting comfortably. She did not elaborate on the 81-year-old comedian’s condition. She offered thanks for an outpouring of “love and support” and asked for continuing thoughts and prayers.
The Mount Sinai Hospital did not immediately respond to request for comment Friday. On Thursday, hospital spokesman Sid Dinsay (DIHN’-say) confirmed that Rivers had been taken there in the morning.
The entertainer has logged a half-century in show business and is known for often-snarky red carpet commentary.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
A show she had scheduled Friday at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, New Jersey, has been postponed.