Joan Rivers is in a New York City hospital, one day after going into cardiac arrest at a doctor's office.
Joan Rivers is in a New York City hospital, one day after going into cardiac arrest at a doctor’s office.
Melissa Rivers said in a statement Thursday that her mother was resting comfortably. She did not elaborate on the 81-year-old comedian’s condition. She offered thanks for an outpouring of “love and support” and asked for continuing thoughts and prayers.
The Mount Sinai Hospital did not immediately respond to request for comment Friday. On Thursday, hospital spokesman Sid Dinsay (DIHN’-say) confirmed that Rivers had been taken there in the morning.
The entertainer has logged a half-century in show business and is known for often-snarky red carpet commentary.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
A show she had scheduled Friday at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, New Jersey, has been postponed.