Stephen Colbert is done with the "Colbert Report" Twitter account.
Stephen Colbert is done with the “Colbert Report” Twitter account.
He teamed with one of Twitter’s founders, Biz Stone, on Monday’s show to symbolically blow up his show’s Twitter account. The account has been removed from Twitter.
A tweet from that account, controlled by Comedy Central, created controversy last week when it showed a photo from last week’s show that some Asians deemed offensive. A CancelColbert hashtag was created and ignited an online debate over the limits of satire.
Colbert’s defenders suggested the tweet was taken out of context.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Colbert directed his fans to his personal Twitter account with more than six million followers instead.