Stephen Colbert is done with the "Colbert Report" Twitter account.
Stephen Colbert is done with the “Colbert Report” Twitter account.
He teamed with one of Twitter’s founders, Biz Stone, on Monday’s show to symbolically blow up his show’s Twitter account. The account has been removed from Twitter.
A tweet from that account, controlled by Comedy Central, created controversy last week when it showed a photo from last week’s show that some Asians deemed offensive. A CancelColbert hashtag was created and ignited an online debate over the limits of satire.
Colbert’s defenders suggested the tweet was taken out of context.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
Colbert directed his fans to his personal Twitter account with more than six million followers instead.