Carly Rae Jepsen has had a breakout year, and now she's being rewarded by Billboard, which has named her its Rising Star of 2012.
Carly Rae Jepsen has had a breakout year, and now she’s being rewarded by Billboard, which has named her its Rising Star of 2012.
The “Call Me Maybe” singer will be honored at Billboard’s annual Women in Music event, to be held in New York City on Nov. 30. She’ll join Katy Perry, who has been named Woman of the Year.
In a statement Thursday, Jepsen says she was influenced by many female artists and hopes to inspire budding musicians the way her heroes inspired her. Jepsen says she is truly honored by the award.
Previous recipients include Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories