Carly Rae Jepsen has had a breakout year, and now she's being rewarded by Billboard, which has named her its Rising Star of 2012.
Carly Rae Jepsen has had a breakout year, and now she’s being rewarded by Billboard, which has named her its Rising Star of 2012.
The “Call Me Maybe” singer will be honored at Billboard’s annual Women in Music event, to be held in New York City on Nov. 30. She’ll join Katy Perry, who has been named Woman of the Year.
In a statement Thursday, Jepsen says she was influenced by many female artists and hopes to inspire budding musicians the way her heroes inspired her. Jepsen says she is truly honored by the award.
Previous recipients include Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories