Carly Rae Jepsen has had a breakout year, and now she's being rewarded by Billboard, which has named her its Rising Star of 2012.
Carly Rae Jepsen has had a breakout year, and now she’s being rewarded by Billboard, which has named her its Rising Star of 2012.
The “Call Me Maybe” singer will be honored at Billboard’s annual Women in Music event, to be held in New York City on Nov. 30. She’ll join Katy Perry, who has been named Woman of the Year.
In a statement Thursday, Jepsen says she was influenced by many female artists and hopes to inspire budding musicians the way her heroes inspired her. Jepsen says she is truly honored by the award.
Previous recipients include Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
Most Read Stories