"Call Me Maybe" singer Carly Rae Jepsen has had her calls returned by Broadway.
“Call Me Maybe” singer Carly Rae Jepsen has had her calls returned by Broadway.
Producers of “Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella” said Sunday that the Canadian singer-songwriter will take over the role of Cinderella starting Feb. 4 for 12 weeks. She’ll take over from Tony Award nominee Laura Osnes.
The Grammy Award nominee began performing in musical theater in high school. She starred in “Annie,” ”The Wiz” and “Grease” before attending the Canadian College of Performing Arts.
She’ll join the cast alongside Fran Drescher playing Cinderella’s stepmother. Drescher is an Emmy Award winner for “The Nanny” and takes over Harriet Harris’ role.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- 100 drug arrests kick off new push against downtown crime
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
The Tony-nominated musical has been given a makeover by Douglas Carter Beane, who has turned the fairy tale into a charming, witty story updated for a new generation.