"Call Me Maybe" singer Carly Rae Jepsen has had her calls returned by Broadway.
“Call Me Maybe” singer Carly Rae Jepsen has had her calls returned by Broadway.
Producers of “Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella” said Sunday that the Canadian singer-songwriter will take over the role of Cinderella starting Feb. 4 for 12 weeks. She’ll take over from Tony Award nominee Laura Osnes.
The Grammy Award nominee began performing in musical theater in high school. She starred in “Annie,” ”The Wiz” and “Grease” before attending the Canadian College of Performing Arts.
She’ll join the cast alongside Fran Drescher playing Cinderella’s stepmother. Drescher is an Emmy Award winner for “The Nanny” and takes over Harriet Harris’ role.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Co-pilot deliberately slams plane in Alps; families ask why
Most Read Stories
The Tony-nominated musical has been given a makeover by Douglas Carter Beane, who has turned the fairy tale into a charming, witty story updated for a new generation.