"Call Me Maybe" singer Carly Rae Jepsen has had her calls returned by Broadway.
“Call Me Maybe” singer Carly Rae Jepsen has had her calls returned by Broadway.
Producers of “Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella” said Sunday that the Canadian singer-songwriter will take over the role of Cinderella starting Feb. 4 for 12 weeks. She’ll take over from Tony Award nominee Laura Osnes.
The Grammy Award nominee began performing in musical theater in high school. She starred in “Annie,” ”The Wiz” and “Grease” before attending the Canadian College of Performing Arts.
She’ll join the cast alongside Fran Drescher playing Cinderella’s stepmother. Drescher is an Emmy Award winner for “The Nanny” and takes over Harriet Harris’ role.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
Most Read Stories
The Tony-nominated musical has been given a makeover by Douglas Carter Beane, who has turned the fairy tale into a charming, witty story updated for a new generation.