Bumbershoot’s 2013 lineup is locally sourced, stocked with crowd pleasers and with the addition of more electronic-dance music should provide something for everyone to get excited about.
Heart will headline Saturday, Death Cab For Cutie on Sunday and the festival closes with Bassnectar on Monday.
The list of local performers includes Vicci Martinez, David Bazan, the Redwood Plan, Aaron Jones and the Way, Kithkin, the Comettes, Allen Stone, Ivan & Alyosha, the Maldives, Mark Pickeral and His Praying Hands, Hot Bodies in Motion, Red Jacket Mine, the Physics, Nacho Picasso and others.
The lineup also features stellar national and international acts such as Charles Bradley, Maceo Parker, Kendrick Lamar, the Zombies, Eric Burdon, the Breeders, Tegan and Sara, fun., MGMT, Bob Mould, Alt J and others.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska
Most Read Stories
Bumbershoot is Aug. 31-Sept. 2 at Seattle Center. Three-day passes for the festival are $120, single any-day passes are $55 and single day-specific passes are $50. Tickets are available at Bumbershoot.org.
See the full lineup at The Seattle Times ArtsPage blog.
Jeff Albertson: email@example.com