Bumbershoot’s 2013 lineup is locally sourced, stocked with crowd pleasers and with the addition of more electronic-dance music should provide something for everyone to get excited about.
Heart will headline Saturday, Death Cab For Cutie on Sunday and the festival closes with Bassnectar on Monday.
The list of local performers includes Vicci Martinez, David Bazan, the Redwood Plan, Aaron Jones and the Way, Kithkin, the Comettes, Allen Stone, Ivan & Alyosha, the Maldives, Mark Pickeral and His Praying Hands, Hot Bodies in Motion, Red Jacket Mine, the Physics, Nacho Picasso and others.
The lineup also features stellar national and international acts such as Charles Bradley, Maceo Parker, Kendrick Lamar, the Zombies, Eric Burdon, the Breeders, Tegan and Sara, fun., MGMT, Bob Mould, Alt J and others.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Bumbershoot is Aug. 31-Sept. 2 at Seattle Center. Three-day passes for the festival are $120, single any-day passes are $55 and single day-specific passes are $50. Tickets are available at Bumbershoot.org.
See the full lineup at The Seattle Times ArtsPage blog.
Jeff Albertson: firstname.lastname@example.org