Daffodil Parade: Floats decorated with thousands of daffodils, marching bands, in four locations; downtown Tacoma, 10:15 a.m.; Puyallup, 12:45 p.m.; Sumner, 2:30 p.m.; Orting, 5 p.m. Saturday, April 5 (thedaffodilfestival.org/events/daffodil-parade/
World Rhythm Festival: World music performances, workshops and programs for all ages, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, April 5-6; Saturday Night Dance Party, 8-10:30 p.m.; Drum Circle closing ceremony, 6-7:30 p.m. Sunday, Seattle Center Armory, Seattle; free (206-684-7200 or swps.org).
Whirligig: Supersized inflatable rides for ages 12 and younger, Toddler’s Zone, kids’ entertainment, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. daily through April 20 (closes 2 p.m. April 17), Seattle Center Armory, Seattle; admission free, rides $1.50 each or $7.50/all day pass, $4.50/all day toddler zone pass, all rides free on Thursdays (206-684-7200 or www.seattlecenter.com
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Skagit Valley Tulip Festival: Tulip fields in bloom (exact bloom dates vary, updates available on website), display gardens, through April 30, Mount Vernon, La Conner and surrounding area (www.tulipfestival.org).
AT THE MOVIES
“Captain America: The Winter Soldier”: Chris Evans returns in this sequel that finds the superhero coping in the 21st century. It has late-night previews Thursday, April 3, and opens Friday, April 4, at several theaters (at many in 3D).
“Island of Lemurs: Madagascar”: This documentary follows scientist Patricia Wright’s mission to help the lemur. It opens Friday, April 4, at IMAX at the Pacific Science Center.
“Anita”: A documentary about Anita Hill and her 1991 accusations against U.S. Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas. It opens Friday, April 4, at the Sundance Cinemas.
“Nymphomaniac Volume 2”: Lars von Trier’s sequel, starring Charlotte Gainsbourg and Stellan Skarsgård, opens Friday, April 4, at the Harvard Exit.