Already busy co-hosts Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan also will perform during this year's Academy of Country Music Awards.
Already busy co-hosts Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan also will perform during this year’s Academy of Country Music Awards.
The country cut-ups are among the first round of performers announced Wednesday for the annual awards show in Las Vegas. They’ll be joined by Shelton’s wife, Miranda Lambert; George Strait; Hunter Hayes; and The Band Perry.
Pop star and former “American Idol” champion Kelly Clarkson, a two-time ACM winner in 2012 and a nominee this year, also will perform as she continues to increase her country profile since moving to Nashville.
The ACM Awards will air live April 7 on CBS from the MGM Grand. Eric Church is this year’s top nominee with seven nominations. Hayes is next with six.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
More performers and presenters will be announced later.