Jason Schwartzman's dog had the face for TV - just not the back for it.
Jason Schwartzman’s dog had the face for TV – just not the back for it.
Schwartzman, 30, stars in HBO’s offbeat detective comedy “Bored to Death,” and show creator Jonathan Ames says he wanted to have Schwartzman’s French bulldog, Arrow, in the show. Ames liked Arrow because of his “incredibly beautiful, crushed, tormented face.”
Unfortunately Arrow has a bad back and was not up to the rigors of acting. So they cast another dog in his place.
Arrow did have a cameo in the show, though.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
“Bored to Death” also stars Ted Danson and Zach (Gal-if-fin-NAK-ihs) Galifianakis.
HBO is owned by Time Warner Inc.