Jason Schwartzman's dog had the face for TV - just not the back for it.
Jason Schwartzman’s dog had the face for TV – just not the back for it.
Schwartzman, 30, stars in HBO’s offbeat detective comedy “Bored to Death,” and show creator Jonathan Ames says he wanted to have Schwartzman’s French bulldog, Arrow, in the show. Ames liked Arrow because of his “incredibly beautiful, crushed, tormented face.”
Unfortunately Arrow has a bad back and was not up to the rigors of acting. So they cast another dog in his place.
Arrow did have a cameo in the show, though.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's mammoth cutter head emerges from tunnel vault
Most Read Stories
“Bored to Death” also stars Ted Danson and Zach (Gal-if-fin-NAK-ihs) Galifianakis.
HBO is owned by Time Warner Inc.