Jason Schwartzman's dog had the face for TV - just not the back for it.
Jason Schwartzman’s dog had the face for TV – just not the back for it.
Schwartzman, 30, stars in HBO’s offbeat detective comedy “Bored to Death,” and show creator Jonathan Ames says he wanted to have Schwartzman’s French bulldog, Arrow, in the show. Ames liked Arrow because of his “incredibly beautiful, crushed, tormented face.”
Unfortunately Arrow has a bad back and was not up to the rigors of acting. So they cast another dog in his place.
Arrow did have a cameo in the show, though.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
“Bored to Death” also stars Ted Danson and Zach (Gal-if-fin-NAK-ihs) Galifianakis.
HBO is owned by Time Warner Inc.