Jason Schwartzman's dog had the face for TV - just not the back for it.
Jason Schwartzman’s dog had the face for TV – just not the back for it.
Schwartzman, 30, stars in HBO’s offbeat detective comedy “Bored to Death,” and show creator Jonathan Ames says he wanted to have Schwartzman’s French bulldog, Arrow, in the show. Ames liked Arrow because of his “incredibly beautiful, crushed, tormented face.”
Unfortunately Arrow has a bad back and was not up to the rigors of acting. So they cast another dog in his place.
Arrow did have a cameo in the show, though.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- State Supreme Court: Charter schools are unconstitutional
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
Most Read Stories
“Bored to Death” also stars Ted Danson and Zach (Gal-if-fin-NAK-ihs) Galifianakis.
HBO is owned by Time Warner Inc.