Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice. John "Ol' Chumbucket" Baur and Mark "Cap'n Slappy" Summers will be celebrating the release of their book...
Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice.
John “Ol’ Chumbucket” Baur and Mark “Cap’n Slappy” Summers will be celebrating the release of their book, “Pirattitude! So You Want to Be a Pirate? Here’s How!” (NAL, $12.95), from 6:30-11 p.m. Tuesday at Fisherman’s Restaurant, 1301 Alaskan Way, in an event sponsored by the Merchants of Pier 57. This instructional volume (which boasts an introduction by humorist Dave Barry) contains sartorial advice, tips on how to curse (“Hornswogglin’,” “Weevil-eatin’,” etc.) and other crucial pirate matters.
Admission is free; however, contributions of nonperishable food items and new toys to the Seafair Pirates’ annual food and toy drive, the Holiday Treasure Chest, are strongly encouraged. For more information, contact 206-365-1590 or www.seafairpirates.org.
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times book critic
Most Read Stories
- Wave goodbye: Live Seafair hydroplane-race TV coverage sputters out after 66 years VIEW
- Judge: Married Lake Stevens cop’s misconduct didn’t violate girlfriend’s civil rights
- Cameron Dollar rejoins Washington on Mike Hopkins' staff
- Alex Tizon, former Seattle Times reporter who won Pulitzer Prize, dies at 57
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane