Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice. John "Ol' Chumbucket" Baur and Mark "Cap'n Slappy" Summers will be celebrating the release of their book...
Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice.
John “Ol’ Chumbucket” Baur and Mark “Cap’n Slappy” Summers will be celebrating the release of their book, “Pirattitude! So You Want to Be a Pirate? Here’s How!” (NAL, $12.95), from 6:30-11 p.m. Tuesday at Fisherman’s Restaurant, 1301 Alaskan Way, in an event sponsored by the Merchants of Pier 57. This instructional volume (which boasts an introduction by humorist Dave Barry) contains sartorial advice, tips on how to curse (“Hornswogglin’,” “Weevil-eatin’,” etc.) and other crucial pirate matters.
Admission is free; however, contributions of nonperishable food items and new toys to the Seafair Pirates’ annual food and toy drive, the Holiday Treasure Chest, are strongly encouraged. For more information, contact 206-365-1590 or www.seafairpirates.org.
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times book critic
Most Read Stories
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Singer John Legend donates $5K to help cover Seattle’s school-lunch debt