Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice. John "Ol' Chumbucket" Baur and Mark "Cap'n Slappy" Summers will be celebrating the release of their book...
Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice.
John “Ol’ Chumbucket” Baur and Mark “Cap’n Slappy” Summers will be celebrating the release of their book, “Pirattitude! So You Want to Be a Pirate? Here’s How!” (NAL, $12.95), from 6:30-11 p.m. Tuesday at Fisherman’s Restaurant, 1301 Alaskan Way, in an event sponsored by the Merchants of Pier 57. This instructional volume (which boasts an introduction by humorist Dave Barry) contains sartorial advice, tips on how to curse (“Hornswogglin’,” “Weevil-eatin’,” etc.) and other crucial pirate matters.
Admission is free; however, contributions of nonperishable food items and new toys to the Seafair Pirates’ annual food and toy drive, the Holiday Treasure Chest, are strongly encouraged. For more information, contact 206-365-1590 or www.seafairpirates.org.
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times book critic
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- Washington lawmakers reach tentative state budget deal, but no details made public
- Ohio woman set on fire by ex-boyfriend in 2015 dies