Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice. John "Ol' Chumbucket" Baur and Mark "Cap'n Slappy" Summers will be celebrating the release of their book...
Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice.
John “Ol’ Chumbucket” Baur and Mark “Cap’n Slappy” Summers will be celebrating the release of their book, “Pirattitude! So You Want to Be a Pirate? Here’s How!” (NAL, $12.95), from 6:30-11 p.m. Tuesday at Fisherman’s Restaurant, 1301 Alaskan Way, in an event sponsored by the Merchants of Pier 57. This instructional volume (which boasts an introduction by humorist Dave Barry) contains sartorial advice, tips on how to curse (“Hornswogglin’,” “Weevil-eatin’,” etc.) and other crucial pirate matters.
Admission is free; however, contributions of nonperishable food items and new toys to the Seafair Pirates’ annual food and toy drive, the Holiday Treasure Chest, are strongly encouraged. For more information, contact 206-365-1590 or www.seafairpirates.org.
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times book critic
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the second and third rounds
- Highway 99 tolling: Here's how much you could pay, according to new analysis
- Offer help to daughter every which way; it may build a bond | Dear Carolyn