Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice. John "Ol' Chumbucket" Baur and Mark "Cap'n Slappy" Summers will be celebrating the release of their book...
Yo-ho-ho — and a volume of pirate advice.
John “Ol’ Chumbucket” Baur and Mark “Cap’n Slappy” Summers will be celebrating the release of their book, “Pirattitude! So You Want to Be a Pirate? Here’s How!” (NAL, $12.95), from 6:30-11 p.m. Tuesday at Fisherman’s Restaurant, 1301 Alaskan Way, in an event sponsored by the Merchants of Pier 57. This instructional volume (which boasts an introduction by humorist Dave Barry) contains sartorial advice, tips on how to curse (“Hornswogglin’,” “Weevil-eatin’,” etc.) and other crucial pirate matters.
Admission is free; however, contributions of nonperishable food items and new toys to the Seafair Pirates’ annual food and toy drive, the Holiday Treasure Chest, are strongly encouraged. For more information, contact 206-365-1590 or www.seafairpirates.org.
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times book critic
Most Read Stories
- Live updates: Women's marches in Seattle, D.C. on day after President Trump inauguration WATCH
- Man shot during protests of Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' speech at UW; suspect arrested WATCH
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH