Readers who like to thoroughly research a book before they commit to it should check out the magazine Bookmarks: For Everyone Who Hasn't...
Readers who like to thoroughly research a book before they commit to it should check out the magazine Bookmarks: For Everyone Who Hasn’t Read Everything. Bookmarks, which publishes six times a year, scans reviews of books from 50 major U.S. publications (including this one) and publishes brief review excerpts along with a summary of the book. Other good stuff: profiles of book groups from around the country and attention paid to classic books which deserve reading, even though they weren’t published yesterday.
Get a subscription for that person in your book group with obsessive tendencies.
For more information check out www.bookmarksmagazine.com.
Mary Ann Gwinn, Seattle Times book editor
Most Read Stories
- Foreign buyers drop off as Seattle housing market hits hottest tempo since 2006 bubble
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- ‘A painful and frustrating experience’: Horizon Air scheduling havoc will continue into the fall
- 3 teens killed in Alderwood Mall Parkway crash from Mill Creek high school
- 'Security concerns' shutter Seattle's Movie Night at Magnuson Park