Readers who like to thoroughly research a book before they commit to it should check out the magazine Bookmarks: For Everyone Who Hasn't...
Readers who like to thoroughly research a book before they commit to it should check out the magazine Bookmarks: For Everyone Who Hasn’t Read Everything. Bookmarks, which publishes six times a year, scans reviews of books from 50 major U.S. publications (including this one) and publishes brief review excerpts along with a summary of the book. Other good stuff: profiles of book groups from around the country and attention paid to classic books which deserve reading, even though they weren’t published yesterday.
Get a subscription for that person in your book group with obsessive tendencies.
For more information check out www.bookmarksmagazine.com.
Mary Ann Gwinn, Seattle Times book editor
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims