Seattle Arts & Lectures has announced who will take part in its 2006 Poetry Series — and it's a mix of lectern stars (Robert Bly...
Seattle Arts & Lectures has announced who will take part in its 2006 Poetry Series — and it’s a mix of lectern stars (Robert Bly, Adrienne Rich) and less familiar names.
The series will be presented this year in collaboration with Intiman Theatre and Wallingford’s all-poetry bookstore, Open Books: A Poem Emporium. All events will be held at 7:30 p.m. at Intiman Theatre.
Here’s the schedule:
March 6: Robert Bly (“Iron John: A Book About Men,” “My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy: Poems”).
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Record Seattle crowd asserts women’s rights: 'Trump has galvanized everybody' WATCH
- Will Seahawks keep Luke Willson? That's among questions facing tight end position in offseason
March 22: Adrienne Rich (“The School Among the Ruins: Poems 2000-2004,” “Arts of the Possible: Essays and Conversations”).
April 4: Tony Hoagland (“Sweet Ruin,” “What Narcissism Means to Me”).
April 10: Peter Gizzi, Tyehimba Jess and Mary Ruefle, co-hosted by Seattle’s new poetry publishing house, Wave Books.
Series tickets are $56-$120. Single tickets go on sale Feb. 13. For tickets and more information, contact 206-621-2230 or www.lectures.org.