Fresh off re-election, Vice President Joe Biden will appear on the NBC sitcom "Parks and Recreation" next Thursday.
Fresh off re-election, Vice President Joe Biden will appear on the NBC sitcom “Parks and Recreation” next Thursday.
The vice president’s office said Biden taped a cameo appearance back in July. He said Thursday on Twitter that “my whole family loves the show, and I had a great time doing it.”
The show’s executive producer told The New York Times that Biden’s appearance was taped under strict secrecy. The show was warned that provisions might have to be made to give Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan a similar cameo if word of Biden’s participation leaked out before Tuesday’s election.
Biden frequently has been mentioned on the show as an object of fascination by lead character Leslie Knope, played by Amy Poehler.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, playoffs hopes are back after they slam door on the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers