Fresh off re-election, Vice President Joe Biden will appear on the NBC sitcom "Parks and Recreation" next Thursday.
Fresh off re-election, Vice President Joe Biden will appear on the NBC sitcom “Parks and Recreation” next Thursday.
The vice president’s office said Biden taped a cameo appearance back in July. He said Thursday on Twitter that “my whole family loves the show, and I had a great time doing it.”
The show’s executive producer told The New York Times that Biden’s appearance was taped under strict secrecy. The show was warned that provisions might have to be made to give Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan a similar cameo if word of Biden’s participation leaked out before Tuesday’s election.
Biden frequently has been mentioned on the show as an object of fascination by lead character Leslie Knope, played by Amy Poehler.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more