Looks like Barry Manilow is making it again - on Broadway.
Looks like Barry Manilow is making it again – on Broadway.
The Grammy Award-winning singer of such songs as “Mandy,” “I Write the Songs” and “Looks Like We Made It,” will start a 17-show stand on Jan. 18 at the St. James Theatre.
Manilow, who grew up in New York, has graced a Broadway stage before, in the winter of 1976 and the spring of 1989. His new show, called “Manilow on Broadway,” has tickets ranging in price from $50 to $350.
The 69-year-old crooner, whose most famous song may be “Copacabana (At the Copa),” had 25 consecutive Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 between 1975 and 1983.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
Most Read Stories