Food trends come and go, but bacon will always be with us. In the last 10 years, I’ve seen deep-fried-battered bacon, maple-syrup-glazed bacon strips and bacon dressed up in dozens of other variations as bar snacks.
And just when I thought bars couldn’t top themselves yet again, along comes Local 360. Friday, the Belltown bar and restaurant will devote its entire happy-hour menu to bacon — two dozen bar snacks, cocktails and desserts infused, sprinkled or mixed with the divine porky nosh.
the event became so popular that Local 360 now requests patrons make reservations. I’ve been to the last two bacon happy hours, and the bar and dining area were packed by 5:30 (though for a party of two, you can likely find room).
Along with the staples — bacon cheeseburger and bacon mac and cheese — there’s popcorn coated with bacon grease and root-beer-glazed pork belly. There’s European-inspired snacks like bacon-wrapped rabbit pâté and a salt-cod-and-bacon brandade. And to finish, a crème brûlée-inspired dessert of bacon corn pudding with caramelized sugar.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
The bacon happy hour takes place about once every three months, and the menu varies each time. Mercifully, the atrocious bacon old-fashioned cocktail I had is not on Friday’s menu, though there will be similar spins on it, including the “Bacon and Eggs” cocktail with bacon infused bourbon and bacon-flavored simple syrup, topped with an egg-white foam.
Not your thing? There’s always the popular Bloody Mary with bacon.
Local 360, 2234 First Ave., offers bacon happy hour 3-6 p.m. Friday only (Aug. 30), with more than 20 bacon snacks and cocktails from $1 to $9. Reservations recommended. 206-441-9360, local360.org.
Tan Vinh: 206-515-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @tanvinhseattle