METROPOLITAN OPERA’s REGIONAL AUDITIONS
Three Seattle singers will compete at the Metropolitan Opera National Council regional auditions this weekend. Sopranos C. Beth Pearson and Ksenia Popova and baritone David Hamilton Borning will be among the 11 singers from the region vying for a cash prize and the chance to advance to New York for the semifinals. The Seattle audience gets to vote on a People’s Choice Award as well.
Announcer for the auditions — now in their 60th year — is Dick Foley, area resident and founding member of The Brothers Four; judges are vocalist Marni Nixon, artist manager/coach Diane Zola and Michael Heaston, director of the Young Artists Program at Glimmerglass Opera who also holds posts at Dallas Opera and the Met.
1 p.m. Sunday, Meany Theater, University of Washington, Seattle; tickets are $15-$20 and available at the door or in advance at www.brownpapertickets.com.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times staff