AMC network has pronounced "The Killing" dead.
AMC network has pronounced “The Killing” dead.
The network said Friday the murder whodunit won’t be returning for a third season.
The announcement comes as no surprise. A dwindling audience for the series reflected widespread viewer frustration about how the mystery unfolded involving who killed Seattle teen Rosie Larsen.
Series stars Mireille (MEE’-ray) Enos and Joel Kinnaman were widely praised for their performances as the dogged detectives trying to crack the crime.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
“The Killing” concluded its second season last month.