AMC network has pronounced "The Killing" dead.
AMC network has pronounced “The Killing” dead.
The network said Friday the murder whodunit won’t be returning for a third season.
The announcement comes as no surprise. A dwindling audience for the series reflected widespread viewer frustration about how the mystery unfolded involving who killed Seattle teen Rosie Larsen.
Series stars Mireille (MEE’-ray) Enos and Joel Kinnaman were widely praised for their performances as the dogged detectives trying to crack the crime.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
“The Killing” concluded its second season last month.