NEW YORK (AP) — A Broadway revival of “Six Degrees of Separation” will star Allison Janney and John Benjamin Hickey as the rich New York couple who have a run-in with a brash con artist.
Seven-time Emmy Award-winner Janney and Tony Award-winner Hickey will be under the direction of Trip Cullman. The show plans to open at the Barrymore Theatre in April 2017.
The play, which was a finalist for the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for drama and received a best-play Tony Award nomination, is about a young black man pretending to be a Harvard University student and actor Sidney Poitier’s son who charms his way into the white upper crust. The real-life scam inspired John Guare’s acclaimed play and a movie starring Will Smith.
More casting will be announced later.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- 2,000 Seattle teachers wear ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirts to class VIEW
- Petition seeks recall of Wonder Woman as U.N. ambassador
- Clinton camp preparing for possibility Trump won't concede WATCH
- Major U.S. websites disrupted by cyberattacks