NEW YORK (AP) — A Broadway revival of “Six Degrees of Separation” will star Allison Janney and John Benjamin Hickey as the rich New York couple who have a run-in with a brash con artist.
Seven-time Emmy Award-winner Janney and Tony Award-winner Hickey will be under the direction of Trip Cullman. The show plans to open at the Barrymore Theatre in April 2017.
The play, which was a finalist for the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for drama and received a best-play Tony Award nomination, is about a young black man pretending to be a Harvard University student and actor Sidney Poitier’s son who charms his way into the white upper crust. The real-life scam inspired John Guare’s acclaimed play and a movie starring Will Smith.
More casting will be announced later.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Lost Seattle-based crab-boat crew memorialized VIEW
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls