NEW YORK (AP) — A Broadway revival of “Six Degrees of Separation” will star Allison Janney and John Benjamin Hickey as the rich New York couple who have a run-in with a brash con artist.
Seven-time Emmy Award-winner Janney and Tony Award-winner Hickey will be under the direction of Trip Cullman. The show plans to open at the Barrymore Theatre in April 2017.
The play, which was a finalist for the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for drama and received a best-play Tony Award nomination, is about a young black man pretending to be a Harvard University student and actor Sidney Poitier’s son who charms his way into the white upper crust. The real-life scam inspired John Guare’s acclaimed play and a movie starring Will Smith.
More casting will be announced later.
Most Read Stories
- Slain Tacoma police officer sacrificed himself to save partner, shooter’s wife, witness says VIEW
- Snow is on way to Western Washington lowlands, weather service says
- Why longtime Washingtonians are leaving the Seattle area
- 3 new homeless-encampment sites announced by Seattle Mayor Ed Murray
- Washington state electors join movement seeking to deny Trump the presidency