NEW YORK (AP) — A Broadway revival of “Six Degrees of Separation” will star Allison Janney and John Benjamin Hickey as the rich New York couple who have a run-in with a brash con artist.
Seven-time Emmy Award-winner Janney and Tony Award-winner Hickey will be under the direction of Trip Cullman. The show plans to open at the Barrymore Theatre in April 2017.
The play, which was a finalist for the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for drama and received a best-play Tony Award nomination, is about a young black man pretending to be a Harvard University student and actor Sidney Poitier’s son who charms his way into the white upper crust. The real-life scam inspired John Guare’s acclaimed play and a movie starring Will Smith.
More casting will be announced later.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- Social-media speculation after Charleena Lyles shooting — and one thing people got wrong