NEW YORK (AP) — A Broadway revival of “Six Degrees of Separation” will star Allison Janney and John Benjamin Hickey as the rich New York couple who have a run-in with a brash con artist.
Seven-time Emmy Award-winner Janney and Tony Award-winner Hickey will be under the direction of Trip Cullman. The show plans to open at the Barrymore Theatre in April 2017.
The play, which was a finalist for the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for drama and received a best-play Tony Award nomination, is about a young black man pretending to be a Harvard University student and actor Sidney Poitier’s son who charms his way into the white upper crust. The real-life scam inspired John Guare’s acclaimed play and a movie starring Will Smith.
More casting will be announced later.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Big pool of blood’: Redmond man shoots cougar in research cage
- Afraid and confused, legal immigrants backing out of Seattle-area home purchases
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- UW's Kelsey Plum breaks Jackie Stiles' NCAA all-time scoring record in 57-point performance vs. Utah VIEW
- Bellevue transit tunnel underway, but no giant drill for this job WATCH