Adele will perform the James Bond theme "Skyfall" at the Oscars, her first U.S. performance since last year's Grammy Awards.
Adele will perform the James Bond theme “Skyfall” at the Oscars, her first U.S. performance since last year’s Grammy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Wednesday that Adele will sing the Oscar-nominated song at the 85th annual Academy Awards on Feb. 24. She and producer Paul Epworth are nominated for best original song for “Skyfall.”
The announcement isn’t much of a surprise considering Adele’s award show ubiquity. She recently won a Golden Globe for the Bond theme.
Adele hasn’t previously sung “Skyfall” live for an audience. She says in a statement that she’s honored to be singing in front of people who’ve captured her imagination. The Oscars will also present a tribute to James Bond, marking the 50th anniversary of the franchise.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract