Adele will perform the James Bond theme "Skyfall" at the Oscars, her first U.S. performance since last year's Grammy Awards.
Adele will perform the James Bond theme “Skyfall” at the Oscars, her first U.S. performance since last year’s Grammy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Wednesday that Adele will sing the Oscar-nominated song at the 85th annual Academy Awards on Feb. 24. She and producer Paul Epworth are nominated for best original song for “Skyfall.”
The announcement isn’t much of a surprise considering Adele’s award show ubiquity. She recently won a Golden Globe for the Bond theme.
Adele hasn’t previously sung “Skyfall” live for an audience. She says in a statement that she’s honored to be singing in front of people who’ve captured her imagination. The Oscars will also present a tribute to James Bond, marking the 50th anniversary of the franchise.
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle’s Panama Hotel deemed a National Treasure