Radio stations are temporarily switching to holiday formats like never before. And what gets on the air? Here are the top 10 most-played songs on all-holiday stations nationwide...
Radio stations are temporarily switching to holiday formats like never before. And what gets on the air? Here are the top 10 most-played songs on all-holiday stations nationwide, according to research group Media Monitors:
1. “Holly Jolly Christmas,” Burl Ives
2. “The Christmas Song,” Nat King Cole
Most Read Stories
- Milo Yiannopoulos at UW: A speech, a shooting and $75,000 in police overtime
- Best way to slow aging? Exercise, but not just any kind
- Alex Tizon, former Seattle Times reporter who won Pulitzer Prize, dies at 57
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
- Wave goodbye: Live Seafair hydroplane-race TV coverage sputters out after 66 years VIEW
3. “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” Brenda Lee
4. “Merry Christmas Darling,” the Carpenters
5. “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” Andy Williams
6. “White Christmas,” Bing Crosby
7. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” Gene Autry
8. “Jingle Bell Rock,” Bobby Helms
9. “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas,” Johnny Mathis
10. “Feliz Navidad,” José Feliciano
Usher is on top with
11 Billboard Awards
Usher dominated the Billboard Awards on Wednesday winning 11, including artist of the year, R&B/hip-hop album and Hot 100 single.
Alicia Keys picked up seven. 50 Cent won a new award: cellphone ringtone of the year.
“A Current Affair,” the newsmagazine that gave birth to tabloid TV, is returning next fall.
It aired from 1986 to ’96.
Seattle Times news services