Fit & Fun
Each January, the birthday of Scottish poet Robert Burns is celebrated across the world. People gather to listen to his work, do some toasting and eat some food.
It’s also a chance to do some Scottish folk dancing.
The Seattle Branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society will host an evening of music and dancing on Saturday at Congregational Church on Mercer Island, 4545 Island Crest Way. The event begins at 7 p.m.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Organizers say the gathering is accessible to dancers of all ages and is a great way to get exercise without realizing it. There is no need to have a partner — or wear a kilt. Admission is $12 at the door.
For more information, see www.rscds-seattle.org
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org