Fit & Fun
Each January, the birthday of Scottish poet Robert Burns is celebrated across the world. People gather to listen to his work, do some toasting and eat some food.
It’s also a chance to do some Scottish folk dancing.
The Seattle Branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society will host an evening of music and dancing on Saturday at Congregational Church on Mercer Island, 4545 Island Crest Way. The event begins at 7 p.m.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
Organizers say the gathering is accessible to dancers of all ages and is a great way to get exercise without realizing it. There is no need to have a partner — or wear a kilt. Admission is $12 at the door.
For more information, see www.rscds-seattle.org
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com