Fit & Fun
Each January, the birthday of Scottish poet Robert Burns is celebrated across the world. People gather to listen to his work, do some toasting and eat some food.
It’s also a chance to do some Scottish folk dancing.
The Seattle Branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society will host an evening of music and dancing on Saturday at Congregational Church on Mercer Island, 4545 Island Crest Way. The event begins at 7 p.m.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
Most Read Stories
Organizers say the gathering is accessible to dancers of all ages and is a great way to get exercise without realizing it. There is no need to have a partner — or wear a kilt. Admission is $12 at the door.
For more information, see www.rscds-seattle.org
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com