Fit & Fun
Each January, the birthday of Scottish poet Robert Burns is celebrated across the world. People gather to listen to his work, do some toasting and eat some food.
It’s also a chance to do some Scottish folk dancing.
The Seattle Branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society will host an evening of music and dancing on Saturday at Congregational Church on Mercer Island, 4545 Island Crest Way. The event begins at 7 p.m.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Seattle’s Super Bowl: Not football, but pho
- Teens charged in Jungle shooting grew up amid tumult, drug deals
- Mom’s drug deal brought sons to Jungle, police say
- Shaq Thompson happy to be at Super Bowl, sorry to Seahawks fans
Most Read Stories
Organizers say the gathering is accessible to dancers of all ages and is a great way to get exercise without realizing it. There is no need to have a partner — or wear a kilt. Admission is $12 at the door.
For more information, see www.rscds-seattle.org
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com