Fit & Fun
Hundreds of lakes across the state open for trout-fishing Saturday, and you can get to the front of the line by attending the annual “Hooked on Fishing Trout Derby” at Lake Wilderness.
The derby, now in its 11th year, is sponsored by the Greater Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce, the Maple Valley Rotary and the city of Maple Valley, and will kickoff at 12:01 a.m. Saturday.
The celebration, though, begins at 3 p.m. Friday when participants can set up camp in Lake Wilderness Park, play games, snack on hot dogs and hamburgers, and relax.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
Fish school for anglers 12 and younger will begin on the dock at 6 a.m. Saturday. Prizes in several categories of the derby will be awarded as soon as it ends at noon.
For more information, contact the Greater Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce, 425-432-0222, or visit www.maplevalleychamber.org
and click on “Hooked On Fishing.”
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org