Fit & Fun
Hundreds of lakes across the state open for trout-fishing Saturday, and you can get to the front of the line by attending the annual “Hooked on Fishing Trout Derby” at Lake Wilderness.
The derby, now in its 11th year, is sponsored by the Greater Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce, the Maple Valley Rotary and the city of Maple Valley, and will kickoff at 12:01 a.m. Saturday.
The celebration, though, begins at 3 p.m. Friday when participants can set up camp in Lake Wilderness Park, play games, snack on hot dogs and hamburgers, and relax.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
Fish school for anglers 12 and younger will begin on the dock at 6 a.m. Saturday. Prizes in several categories of the derby will be awarded as soon as it ends at noon.
For more information, contact the Greater Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce, 425-432-0222, or visit www.maplevalleychamber.org
and click on “Hooked On Fishing.”
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org