Taking a cue from the Encores! series in New York, 5th Avenue Theatre will dust off a neglected older musical, "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. " Along with Seattle Men's Chorus, the...
Taking a cue from the Encores! series in New York, 5th Avenue Theatre will dust off a neglected older musical, “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.” Along with Seattle Men’s Chorus, the 5th will host a concert staging of it starring Lucy Lawless (formerly TV’s “Xena: Warrior Princess”) and Broadway leading lady Faith Prince.
Mounted informally but with full orchestra and chorus, “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” will run May 13-15 at the 5th Avenue. Tickets ($27-$77) go on sale Jan. 10. Information: www.5thavenuetheatre.org.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Thanks to Amazon, Seattle is now America’s biggest company town
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- Amazon’s new Bellevue bookstore shows brick-and-mortar ramp-up
Seattle playwright Elizabeth Heffron is the first recipient of ACT’s New Play Award. Heffron will collect $2,500 for her script, “Mitzi’s Abortion,” set to be staged at ACT March 4-5. The work was originally commissioned for the 2003 FringeACT Festival.
ACT’s annual new-play prize is sponsored by a grant from Seattle philanthropists Gian-Carlo and Eulalie Scandiuzzi.
Misha Berson, Seattle Times