Summer officially begins this week. In homage to the sweetest season, here are three things we love with “summer” in the title.
The song perfectly captures the hot, hazy languor of the season. Hear it live at the 5th Avenue Theatre, which hosts a touring production of “The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess” through June 29 (206-625-1900 or 5thavenue.org).
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
Most Read Stories
‘(500) Days of Summer’
A touching love-and-loss story featuring, among other things, a winning performance by Joseph Gordon-Levitt and perhaps the best screen use ever of the Hall & Oates song, “You Make My Dreams (Come True).” (Available on Blu-ray and DVD.)
‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’
There are probably 150 great works in the English language with the word “summer” in the title. Why not start with one of the first and best? The Young Shakespeare Workshop performs Shakespeare’s comedy July 13 as part of the Seattle Outdoor Theatre Festival at Volunteer Park (greenstage.org/sotf).
Lynn Jacobson, Seattle Times features editor