The Jersey shore town that tried to close its bars early and restricts overnight parking has said no to "Snooki & JWoww."
The Jersey shore town that tried to close its bars early and restricts overnight parking has said no to “Snooki & JWoww.”
The Point Pleasant Beach Council unanimously voted against 495 Productions’ request to tape the “Jersey Shore” spinoff featuring Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Jennifer “JWoww” Farley.
The request says the cast would be living outside of town.
Councilman William Mayer tells the Asbury Park Press ( http://on.app.com/OW9cOM) it’s not what the town needs at this point.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
The state’s top liquor regulator is blocking the town from imposing a midnight bar closing. The time and overnight parking restrictions are designed to reduce noise near the beachfront.
Nearby Toms River also turned down the MTV reality series.
“Snooki & JWoww” taped its first season in Jersey City.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com