The Jersey shore town that tried to close its bars early and restricts overnight parking has said no to "Snooki & JWoww."
The Jersey shore town that tried to close its bars early and restricts overnight parking has said no to “Snooki & JWoww.”
The Point Pleasant Beach Council unanimously voted against 495 Productions’ request to tape the “Jersey Shore” spinoff featuring Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Jennifer “JWoww” Farley.
The request says the cast would be living outside of town.
Councilman William Mayer tells the Asbury Park Press ( http://on.app.com/OW9cOM) it’s not what the town needs at this point.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Co-pilot deliberately slams plane in Alps; families ask why
Most Read Stories
The state’s top liquor regulator is blocking the town from imposing a midnight bar closing. The time and overnight parking restrictions are designed to reduce noise near the beachfront.
Nearby Toms River also turned down the MTV reality series.
“Snooki & JWoww” taped its first season in Jersey City.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com