A car that transformed into a submarine in the James Bond movie "The Spy Who Loved Me" has been sold at a London auction for 550,000 pounds ($865,000).
A car that transformed into a submarine in the James Bond movie “The Spy Who Loved Me” has been sold at a London auction for 550,000 pounds ($865,000).
The distinctively-shaped white Lotus Esprit, designed for an underwater scene in the 1977 film starring Roger Moore, was sold at RM Auctions on Monday.
The sale price was below the auction house’s initial estimate price of 650,000 to 950,000 pounds – perhaps because the vehicle cannot be driven on the road, although it is said to be a fully operational submarine.
In the film, Moore and Bond girl Barbara Bach escape a helicopter attack by driving the Esprit off a pier into the sea.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time