The Folklife Festival, Sasquatch! Music Festival, SIFF and more are on tap for Memorial Day weekend 2015.
- No degrees of separation: Kevin Bacon is in Seattle to pick up SIFF award
- ‘Tomorrowland’: Exhilarating for kids, exhausting for adults | Movie review
- Lawyer says allegations B.B. King was poisoned ‘ridiculous’
- Bears release Ray McDonald after arrest in California
- May 25 TV Picks: ‘The Island’ series premiere on NBC
- How Bono became a rock star of Silicon Valley
- Actress, comedian Anne Meara, nominated for 4 Emmys, dies
Alabama band St. Paul and the Broken Bones will leave the Northwest with lots of new fans.
The cultural focus of this year’s festival is “Beats, Rhymes and Rhythms: Traditional Roots of Today’s Branches,” showcasing hip-hop.