Prison. Poor health. Discouragement.
At a free storytelling event this week, local college students and recent graduates will talk about the obstacles they overcame in pursuit of a college education. They will also answer questions.
When: Tuesday evening. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with storytelling at 6 p.m.
Where: Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, 104 17th Ave. S., Seattle
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
Organizers: Seattle Times Education Lab and the Road Map Project
Admission: Free, but you must register first at http://bit.ly/1j7F1G2
Read excerpts of their stories: B2