Prison. Poor health. Discouragement.
At a free storytelling event this week, local college students and recent graduates will talk about the obstacles they overcame in pursuit of a college education. They will also answer questions.
When: Tuesday evening. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with storytelling at 6 p.m.
Where: Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, 104 17th Ave. S., Seattle
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
Most Read Stories
Organizers: Seattle Times Education Lab and the Road Map Project
Admission: Free, but you must register first at http://bit.ly/1j7F1G2
Read excerpts of their stories: B2