Prison. Poor health. Discouragement.
At a free storytelling event this week, local college students and recent graduates will talk about the obstacles they overcame in pursuit of a college education. They will also answer questions.
When: Tuesday evening. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with storytelling at 6 p.m.
Where: Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, 104 17th Ave. S., Seattle
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
Organizers: Seattle Times Education Lab and the Road Map Project
Admission: Free, but you must register first at http://bit.ly/1j7F1G2
Read excerpts of their stories: B2