Prison. Poor health. Discouragement.
At a free storytelling event this week, local college students and recent graduates will talk about the obstacles they overcame in pursuit of a college education. They will also answer questions.
When: Tuesday evening. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with storytelling at 6 p.m.
Where: Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, 104 17th Ave. S., Seattle
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Organizers: Seattle Times Education Lab and the Road Map Project
Admission: Free, but you must register first at http://bit.ly/1j7F1G2
Read excerpts of their stories: B2