Prison. Poor health. Discouragement.
At a free storytelling event this week, local college students and recent graduates will talk about the obstacles they overcame in pursuit of a college education. They will also answer questions.
When: Tuesday evening. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with storytelling at 6 p.m.
Where: Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, 104 17th Ave. S., Seattle
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Should UW stick with coach Lorenzo Romar?
- Doughnut wars: Seattle sweets vs. Portland pastries
Most Read Stories
Organizers: Seattle Times Education Lab and the Road Map Project
Admission: Free, but you must register first at http://bit.ly/1j7F1G2
Read excerpts of their stories: B2