Seattle teachers vote for 1-day strike: Teachers in Seattle are joining educators in several other Washington districts in planning a one-day strike to protest what they see as a lack of money for schools in the Legislature. Seattle’s walkout will take place May 19; teachers in Snohomish, Franklin Pierce and Lake Stevens also voted Monday to approve one-day strikes.
WSU moves ahead with medical school (AP): Washington State University has launched a search for a founding dean of its new medical school in Spokane and aims to achieve preliminary national accreditation next spring. The school plans to hold its first classes in the fall of 2017.
Students wear T-shirts supporting Marysville Pilchuck shooter (AP): A group of students who wore “Team Jaylen” T-shirts to a recent memorial for victims of the shooting at Marysville Pilchuck High School was asked to remove them. District and tribal leaders say they are working together to address the issue.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- ‘No more agriculture in Puerto Rico,’ a farmer laments
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
A field trip to Baltimore (The Atlantic)