International tests show persistent gender gaps in student achievement (The Washington Post): A new report based on the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) has found that 15-year-old girls are more likely to be high achievers than their male peers, an observation that holds up across several countries. Among the highest achievers, however, researchers found that boys outperformed girls and that girls had less confidence in math.
Howard University offers tuition rebate to students who graduate on time (CNN Money): Starting next year, the school says it will waive half the cost of students’ final semesters if they graduate on time. Howard University is a historically black college located in Washington, D.C.
House votes to remove universities’ tuition-setting authority (AP): A measure that would revoke a 2011 law that gave state colleges and universities the authority to set their own tuition rates is on its way to the Senate after the House passed it unanimously.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks, Titans only teams to both not take the field during day of anthem protests across NFL WATCH
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
Shop students in Ellensburg build bus shelters for city (Daily Record)
NYC adds two Muslim holidays to public school calendar (The New York Times)