Asian Resource Center will become charter school: A new charter school called Summit Public Charter School: Sierra will soon open in the current location of a longstanding Asian-American community resource center in the International District. Los Angeles-based Pacific Charter School Development purchased the building for $4 million; the school is scheduled to open in fall 2015.
N.J. program offers high-school diplomas online (The Inquirer): A county library system in Camden, N.J., is offering 35 scholarships to the Career Online High School with funds from the state Department of Labor and Workforce Development. The Florida-based program enables students to work at their own pace and schedule.
Gonzaga student from Tacoma wins Marshall Scholarship: Chris Birmingham will study in England next fall under the prestigious Marshall program.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- Inside a Chinese test-prep factory (The New York Times)
- Highline students redefine beauty for peers (KING 5)