Updated: The state Department of Transportation has changed the dates for August lane closures on I-405. All northbound lanes will be closed overnight on August 3 and 4. All southbound lanes will be closed overnight on August 9 and 10.
For four nights in August, the state Department of Transportation will shut down lanes on I-405 through downtown Bellevue so its crews can work on the new Northeast 12th Street Bridge.
The crews are putting 10 concrete girders into place for the bridge, and the highway will be fully closed in one direction on four different nights.
On Aug. 2 and 3 and 4, all northbound lanes on I-405 will be closed from Northeast Eighth Street to Highway 520 from about 8 p.m.-5 a.m. Traffic will be sent to I-90, I-5 in Seattle, onto Highway 520 and back to I-405. On Aug. 5 and 9 and 10, all southbound lanes will be closed from Highway 520 to Northeast Eighth from about 8 p.m.-5 a.m. with the same detour.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
Most Read Stories
Drivers can still get to downtown Bellevue, but should expect delays, reschedule trips or follow detours, officials said. The Northeast 12th Street Bridge also will be closed during the same time period, and drivers are asked to use Northeast 10th Street instead.
The closure is part of the Bellevue Braids Project, which is intended to reduce congestion on I-405 between downtown and Highway 520. The new 12th Street bridge will be longer and wider than the current bridge and have a separate lane for cyclists and pedestrians.