This week’s “Now” photo is a metaphor for the adjustments required by frequent expansions to the campus.
Now & Then
Paul Dorpat digs into our rich local history, sharing images and stories from Seattle’s past.
Photos from John Stamets’ 1987 book ‘Portrait of a Market’ will be part of a walking tour on Aug. 17.
The stately school that opened in 1910 was awarded landmark status by the city in 1988.
Bothell and Redmond historical-society volunteers team to tell a Squak Slough tale.
History, animals and humans intersect where a farmer once reined in his cows.
Mary Ann and Margaret Denny’s mansion, known as The Chateau, was declared ‘one of the most sightly spots in the city.’
Seattle’s seemingly never-ending regrades were a sight to see.
Photographer Frank Shaw captured a rickety staircase and a historic headquarters in 1962, before the freeway came to Seattle.
Cars and drivers clutter an urban intersection at Olive Street and Terry Avenue, likely in the late 1920s.
Werner Lenggenhager photographed this section of Melrose Place North in the mid-1950s, knowing that soon after, it would be transformed into a freeway.
Never miss a story.
Get full Seattle Times access on all your devices, starting at $1 a week.