Time magazine says White Castle's small, square "sliders" are "the most influential burger of all time."
Time magazine says White Castle’s small, square “sliders” are “the most influential burger of all time.”
The magazine notes the “now-iconic square patty” that debuted in 1921 in Wichita, Kan. was the first burger to spawn a fast-food empire. White Castle has been based in Columbus since 1934.
The Time story — http://ti.me/1eWFs19 — puts the White Castle burger at the top of the list of the 17 most influential burgers of all time, beating out burgers from McDonald’s and In-N-Out.
White Castle vice president Jamie Richardson tells The Columbus Dispatch that “slider” has been a term of endearment for the delectable little burgers since the 1950s.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County