Local nursing home Life Care Center of West Seattle closed for good last week after 16 years in operation, causing 99 employees to be laid off.
Corporate parent Life Care Centers of America, a national company based in Cleveland, Tenn., said it transfered about 70 residents to other facilities in the region.
Todd Fletcher, vice president for Life Care’s Northwest division, said the company was unable to continue operating the West Seattle facility, at 4700 SW Admiral Way, because of the difficult economic environment and steep maintenance requirements.
Fletcher noted that employees were given 60-day severance packages.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
Most Read Stories
The company operates nearly 20 locations in Washington state.
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org