You might find a few surprises in the types of deductions you can take on your 2009 tax filing. The Stimulus Bill enacted by Congress last year contained a wide range of new and expanded tax returns for individual filers, married couples and families. If you’d like to check out the new tax deductions available this tax season, you might spend a little time visiting one of these Web sites:
Breaks down tax deductions tied to the 2009 stimulus package, income deductions and work deductions.
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
Most Read Stories
• H&R Block
Covers the tax-deduction bases, and has a link to “2009 Tax Law Changes.”
• Intuit Turbotax
Offers 11 deductions not to be overlooked on your 2009 tax return.
Spotlights 19 most-overlooked tax deductions.