You might find a few surprises in the types of deductions you can take on your 2009 tax filing. The Stimulus Bill enacted by Congress last year contained a wide range of new and expanded tax returns for individual filers, married couples and families. If you’d like to check out the new tax deductions available this tax season, you might spend a little time visiting one of these Web sites:
Breaks down tax deductions tied to the 2009 stimulus package, income deductions and work deductions.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
Most Read Stories
• H&R Block
Covers the tax-deduction bases, and has a link to “2009 Tax Law Changes.”
• Intuit Turbotax
Offers 11 deductions not to be overlooked on your 2009 tax return.
Spotlights 19 most-overlooked tax deductions.