You might find a few surprises in the types of deductions you can take on your 2009 tax filing. The Stimulus Bill enacted by Congress last year contained a wide range of new and expanded tax returns for individual filers, married couples and families. If you’d like to check out the new tax deductions available this tax season, you might spend a little time visiting one of these Web sites:
Breaks down tax deductions tied to the 2009 stimulus package, income deductions and work deductions.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
• H&R Block
Covers the tax-deduction bases, and has a link to “2009 Tax Law Changes.”
• Intuit Turbotax
Offers 11 deductions not to be overlooked on your 2009 tax return.
Spotlights 19 most-overlooked tax deductions.