Fast riser: Cascade Microtech jumped from No. 87 to No. 4 this year, this year’s biggest gainer.
Tech slump: Cray returns after missing the cut in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Mighty mouse: Jewett-Cameron Trading is among the smallest in terms of employees to make the list with 49; only OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals has fewer employees, at 44.
Where’s Boeing?: When Boeing moved its top executives to Chicago in 2001, it failed to meet our criteria of being based in the Northwest.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
Most Read Stories
Repeat winners: Barrett Business Services joins Microsoft, Micron Technology, Flir Systems and PW Eagle as a repeat winner.