Fast riser: Cascade Microtech jumped from No. 87 to No. 4 this year, this year’s biggest gainer.
Tech slump: Cray returns after missing the cut in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Mighty mouse: Jewett-Cameron Trading is among the smallest in terms of employees to make the list with 49; only OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals has fewer employees, at 44.
Where’s Boeing?: When Boeing moved its top executives to Chicago in 2001, it failed to meet our criteria of being based in the Northwest.
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle’s Panama Hotel deemed a National Treasure
Most Read Stories
Repeat winners: Barrett Business Services joins Microsoft, Micron Technology, Flir Systems and PW Eagle as a repeat winner.