Fast riser: Cascade Microtech jumped from No. 87 to No. 4 this year, this year’s biggest gainer.
Tech slump: Cray returns after missing the cut in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Mighty mouse: Jewett-Cameron Trading is among the smallest in terms of employees to make the list with 49; only OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals has fewer employees, at 44.
Where’s Boeing?: When Boeing moved its top executives to Chicago in 2001, it failed to meet our criteria of being based in the Northwest.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
Repeat winners: Barrett Business Services joins Microsoft, Micron Technology, Flir Systems and PW Eagle as a repeat winner.