1) What was the 787 Dreamliner originally called? a) The Dash 87 b) The 7E7 c) The 797 d) The 007 2) The 787 was dubbed Dreamliner by an...
1) What was the 787 Dreamliner originally called?
a) The Dash 87
b) The 7E7
c) The 797
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
Most Read Stories
d) The 007
2) The 787 was dubbed Dreamliner by an online “Name the Plane” contest, and the modified 747 freighters that carry sections of the plane around the globe are called Dreamlifters. What is the “Dream Weaver”?
a) The machine that turns carbon-fiber thread into a fabric that will be baked into the 787’s composite-plastic skin.
b) The code name for the group that developed the 787 concept while Boeing officially pursued another plane, the Sonic Cruiser.
c) A 1970s hit song.
d) The nickname of a Seattle Mariners pitcher.
3) As Boeing’s global partners built factories for this plane of the future, how did the past intrude?
a) Italy’s Alenia had to move scores of 300-year-old olive trees from its factory site.
b) Sweden’s Saab unearthed a Viking tomb on its proposed location.
c) Traditional Japanese rice farmers refused to vacate Mitsubishi’s property.
d) British fox hunters halted Messier-Dowty’s plant expansion.
4) What amenity did Boeing cut from the 787 design to reduce the plane’s weight?
a) Foot rests
b) The galley
c) Seat-back Magic Fingers
d) Wireless inflight-entertainment system
5) The 787 will have a button that passengers can use to?
a) Signal they don’t wish to talk to a chatty neighbor.
b) Darken the window electronically.
c) Order a $8.99 sandwich billed to their credit card.
d) Upgrade the entertainment options to better movies and music.
6) Boeing has put the 787 on a diet to slim it down to the target weight of?
a) 85,000 pounds
b) 222,000 pounds
c) 222,000 tons
d) 1 million nautical pounds
7) Before choosing Everett for the final assembly of the 787, Boeing also considered which of these sites?
a) Harlingen, Texas
b) Tulsa, Okla.
c) Mobile, Ala.
d) Biloxi, Miss.
e) Savannah, Ga.
8) Boeing has taken 642 orders for the 787 as of July 6, selling more planes before rollout than any jet in history. But it has no customers yet on which of these continents?
b) South America
9) Seven 787s have been sold by Boeing as VIP jets. The only individual buyer who’s been publicly identified is?
a) Hong Kong tycoon Joseph Lau
b) Heavy metal rocker/TV star Ozzy Osbourne
c) Exiled Russian billionaire Boris Berezovsky
c) Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal
10) Miles of wiring in the 787?
11) According to Boeing, how much more fuel-efficient than other comparable airliners will the 787 be?
a) 10 percent
b) 20 percent
c) 50 percent
12) The 787 takes Boeing’s outsourcing of major components to a new level. All of these countries supply major components for the 787 airframe except?
d) South Korea
13) To create holes for windows into the stiff composite plastic that forms the airplane shell, Boeing and its suppliers use?
b) Diamond-tipped band saws
c) Ultrahigh-pressure water jets
d) Biodegradable industrial acids
14) The 787’s windows are?
b) The size of an 18-inch (square) pizza.
c) One-third larger than the 777, the biggest on any current airliner.
d) b and c
e) a and c
f) a,b and c