Chalk up another case of an Internet sensation finding mainstream success. This time it's that annoying kid from the "Fred" videos on YouTube.
Chalk up another case of an Internet sensation finding mainstream success. This time it’s that annoying kid from the “Fred” videos on YouTube.
According to a release from Nickelodeon, “Fred: The Movie” drew 7.6 million total viewers Saturday night and became this year’s No. 1 TV cable movie with kids age 2-11 — and probably some of their parents too.
Here’s a clip from the film, which also stars John Cena (as Fred’s dad) and Jennette McCurdy:
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more
Most Read Stories
“Fred Figglehorn” is a character created by 17-year-old Lucas Cruikshank of Columbus, Neb. Fred is a 6-year-old with an irritatingly high voice and “anger management issues,” according to Wikipedia. Somehow viewers cannot get enough of him though, because he has the second-most subscribers of any channel on YouTube.
Cruikshank is quite the enterprising new-media businessman, according to this article from 2008. The popularity of his videos has meant a steady stream of ad revenue.
Watch for the DVD of “Fred: The Movie” coming out on Oct. 5.