Last week a study came out claiming that @Mashable is the most influential Twitter account -- despite not having the most followers (that honor belongs to @ladygaga). The formula for arriving at that includes the "retweetability" of that account's posts.
Last week a study came out claiming that @Mashable is the most influential Twitter account — despite not having the most followers (that honor belongs to @ladygaga). The formula for arriving at that includes the “retweetability” of that account’s posts.
So it got us to thinking about the most influential Twitter folks in the Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond area. If you go strictly by number of followers, here’s Twitaholic’s ranking of Seattle-based tweeters:
1. ICanHasCheezburger? (@ICHCheezburger) 1,613,979 followers
2. Amazon MP3 (@amazonmp3) 1,493,958
3. Starbucks Coffee (@Starbucks) 1,036,272
4. Pearl Jam Official (@PearlJam) 637,956
5. Pete Carroll (@PeteCarroll) 405,132
6. Gates Foundation (@gatesfoundation) 395,819
7. JAY BUM PARK (@JAYBUMAOM) 125,873
8. IMDb (@IMDb) 100,967
9. Chris Pirillo (@ChrisPirillo) 86,504
10. Adam from Twibes (@twibes) 82,761
Some things to note about this list:
– Not all local tweeters fill in their location, so they wouldn’t be eligible for this list. A key example of this is @chriscornell, which has 1,498,967 followers (I don’t think he lives in Seattle anymore, but I’m still using this as an example of someone who doesn’t list his location).
– Bill Gates’ Twitter account lists Seattle as the location (instead of Redmond, hmmm), but he somehow doesn’t make Twitaholic’s list despite having 1,496,032 followers.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
Most Read Stories
So when it comes to influence and likelihood of being retweeted, how would you reorder the Seattle list? And is there an account that’s missing? Somehow REI doesn’t make Twitaholic’s Top 100 even though it has about 20,000 followers. And why does Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn only have 2,139 followers?