"Mad Peeps of Sterling Coopeep" by Jeana Harrington; Click to launch gallery
Dear readers: Congratulations! You contributed to one of our most popular photo galleries of the year.
The gallery for The Seattle Times annual Peeps contest — featuring readers’ creative use of the springtime marshmallow treat — was the second-most viewed on our site this year. There were 384 Peeps entries with themes inspired by topical events and pop culture (Olympics, “Mad Men”) as well as classic art (Salvador Dali, “The Last Supper”).
Possible crime clues, a local superhero, disasters, a presidential visit and red carpet fashions made up the rest of our top 10 list, which is after the jump.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite