"Mad Peeps of Sterling Coopeep" by Jeana Harrington; Click to launch gallery
Dear readers: Congratulations! You contributed to one of our most popular photo galleries of the year.
The gallery for The Seattle Times annual Peeps contest — featuring readers’ creative use of the springtime marshmallow treat — was the second-most viewed on our site this year. There were 384 Peeps entries with themes inspired by topical events and pop culture (Olympics, “Mad Men”) as well as classic art (Salvador Dali, “The Last Supper”).
Possible crime clues, a local superhero, disasters, a presidential visit and red carpet fashions made up the rest of our top 10 list, which is after the jump.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst