"Mad Peeps of Sterling Coopeep" by Jeana Harrington; Click to launch gallery
Dear readers: Congratulations! You contributed to one of our most popular photo galleries of the year.
The gallery for The Seattle Times annual Peeps contest — featuring readers’ creative use of the springtime marshmallow treat — was the second-most viewed on our site this year. There were 384 Peeps entries with themes inspired by topical events and pop culture (Olympics, “Mad Men”) as well as classic art (Salvador Dali, “The Last Supper”).
Possible crime clues, a local superhero, disasters, a presidential visit and red carpet fashions made up the rest of our top 10 list, which is after the jump.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Co-pilot deliberately slams plane in Alps; families ask why