A co-founder of Concur has an active first few months in a new position: CEO of health-care startup Accolade.
Just a month after he became CEO, Raj Singh apparently made a big impact on Accolade, the Seattle health-care technology company he joined last year.
The company announced Tuesday it raised $38.6 million in a funding round last year from investors including McKesson Ventures and a subsidiary of Independence Health Group. A filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission indicates the round was filed in December, one month after Singh, a co-founder of Concur, came on as chief executive.
Accolade also said it is bringing on seven new executives, including five who are leaving Concur, a Bellevue developer of travel and expense software, to join Accolade.
Singh and fellow Concur co-founder Mike Hilton joined Accolade as CEO and chief product officer in November, nearly a year after German business-software giant SAP acquired Concur.
Most Read Stories
- Suspect in mall shooting was socially awkward, troubled, former classmates and others say WATCH
- Suspect in Cascade Mall shooting arrested in Oak Harbor WATCH
- Gun seized in Che Taylor shooting traced to former sheriff’s deputy, officials say WATCH
- Police mistakenly describe Cascade Mall shooting suspect as 'Hispanic'; protests erupt on Twitter
- Threatening mailer has Café Racer’s owner reliving nightmare | Danny Westneat
The new executives announced Accolade would open a Seattle headquarters to work with Accolade’s existing headquarters in a Philadelphia suburb.
Accolade partners with businesses to offer services that help patients navigate the health-care system. It has set up shop with about 15 people in offices at the Washington State Convention Center in downtown Seattle.
The company plans to hire 50 people for its Seattle office, and Singh said there’s space for more than 100.
“We’ve been fortunate in terms of the caliber of people we’ve been able to bring on,” Singh said.
Accolade is working on building out mobile apps that will allow people to easily access health-care information and list preferences for doctors.