Friday night, The Experience Music Project | Science Fiction Museum debuted their new ambitious exhibit, “Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses”. Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic, who lent many items from his personal collection, kicked off the event. Seattletimes.com’s Sona Patel and Genevieve Alvarez captured some of the moments at the preview screening.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
Most Read Stories
In this video interview, Jacob McMurray, senior EMP curator, shared his experiences of the creation of ‘Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses,’ from finding early band photos to reassembling guitars broken years ago on stage by Cobain.