Sanjay Baskaran will serve as president of TaxAct, a tax preparation software company operated by Blucora.
Blucora has named former Amazon executive Sanjay Baskaran as president of TaxAct, its tax preparation software company.
Baskaran previously served as general manager of North America credit cards for Amazon, and before that he worked as an executive at Visa.
Blucora bought TaxAct in 2012 for $287.5 million, and it has been a big part of the company’s transition to being a financial-services technology company.
Blucora sold its online search business InfoSpace last July, and sold its online retail business Monoprice in November. The Bellevue company also announced it is in the process of moving its headquarters to Irving, Texas, and closing its Bellevue office by this summer.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says Richard Sherman played second half of season with 'significant' knee injury
- Michael Bennett explodes at reporter following Seahawks-Falcons game
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
- Tight end Luke Willson, one of Seahawks' 14 unrestricted free agents, says he's hoping to be back WATCH
Irving is home to HD Vest, a financial-services firm Blucora bought last year.
InfoSpace will remain in Bellevue, as part of its new parent company OpenMail.
Baskaran replaces JoAnn Kintzel, who resigned last October. He will be paid a $350,000 annual salary and will get a signing bonus of $210,000.