Avalara will move into 100,000 square feet in an under-construction building near Seattle’s stadiums.
Avalara is getting ready to take its last ferry ride from Bainbridge Island.
The tax-automation software company announced Friday it would be the anchor tenant of an under-construction building just north of CenturyLink Field in Seattle, at 255 King St. The building, being developed by Seattle-based American Life, will be called Avalara Hawk Tower.
Avalara will occupy 100,000 square feet on the top six floors of the building, with the option to take over more room in time.
The tower is a part of a development that will combine office space and a hotel in a former vacant space near the stadium.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
The technology company was founded on Bainbridge Island in 2004, and has boomed to more than 1,000 employees and more than $200 million in funding during its 12-year life. Avalara’s Seattle-area employees, who make up about a third of its workforce, are now scattered in offices throughout Seattle and Bainbridge.
“With our rapid growth over the past few years, we’ve had to spread our team over several locations,” CEO Scott McFarlane said in a statement. “This space is ideal because it allows us to be an integrated team again and gives us room to continue our growth as well.”
Avalara offers cloud technology that helps companies stay tax compliant. The company raised $100 million in private funding from investment firm Warburg Pincus in November 2014, and has since been on a rapid acquisition spree.
SODO Builders is the general contractor for Avalara Hawk Tower, and Freiheit & Ho is the architect.
The company plans to move into Avalara Hawk Tower by the end of 2017.